1. At what time of your life were you happiest and why?
I think that I was probably happiest at University. Why? Because I had no real worries (only boys and where my next meal was coming from!) and my whole life lay before me like some undiscovered continent. EVERYTHING was possible and it was very exciting. Those were the days when I could just waltz into a shop and pick a size and not need to worry about how big my bits were going to look!
2. Where and when did you meet the love of your life?
Oh - I couldn't possibly divulge that!!! Would you settle for where and when did I meet Tertarus instead?!? Secondary school. He was a bit dangerous - had a motorbike and smoked the odd spliff. But I knew that he was a nice guy who also went shopping for little old ladies. A winning combo, so I scooped him up one night when he was a bit the worse for wear ..... and he has been mine pretty much ever since ;-)
3. Favourite item of clothing ever or most treasured possession?
Not really got a favourite item of clothing, but my most 'treasured possession' is my collection of letters, correspondences between Tertarus and myself that date back to the early 80s.
I'm not including Sonshine or the hamster - that's a given that they are treasured beyond even diamond earrings lol!
4. Must have makeup or beauty item?
It has to be my eyebrow powder. I could go out without any make up on at all, but would be utterly naked without my eyebrows filled in a bit. Ah - sparse eyebrows are one of the signs of aging that they don't tell you about :-)
5. What do you think is your worst vice or fault .. honestly?
I have so many! I think the most debilitating one is that I set the bar too high for people. I expect people to do their best all the time. Which is so silly!!! In my defence, I am as critical to myself as I am on others. This results in quite a lot of quite unnecessary disappointment for me and miles of self-critical inner monologuing. Wonder what my friends would say was my worst vice?!
6. Would you tell your friend, if you knew her husband/wife was cheating on her/him?
It would depend a lot on several variables 1) how certain I was of the facts 2) the state of my friend's relationship with said spouse and 3) whether I felt that any interfering on my part would be worth the inevitable fall out that would incur down the line....somewhere, for her/him/me.
7. What ambitions, wishes or desires, for your life, do you still hold close to your heart?
I'd really love to write a novel - nothing too heavy! I keep starting it and then abandoning it because I think I'm shit. See 5 above lol!
8. Where do you see yourself in five years from now? You know how above I said the rest of my life stretched before me like an exciting, uncharted continent? Well, now a goodly part of it has been charted, and some of those damned rivers you can't paddle back down...so in 5 years time, I guess I'll still be here, worrying about being a good parent, trying to keep on top of the garden, fretting about my weight and having good times with my family and friends - God willing!
And now I need to tag some other blogs for this!
I'm just going to ask you all the same questions as were asked of me - in case you get double tagged lol!