3 Apr 2011

Hestia ...and Mothers' Day

OK - I'm never very sure whether it's Mother's Day or Mothers' Day....so I'll just go for Mothering Sunday instead and avoid any apostrophe apoplexy.

I wondered what I might receive from my permently cash-strapped son.....

This morning a beautiful little card was delivered.  Along with a huge box.  The huge box turned out to be from Amazon.  It also turned out to house the Nigel Slater 'Tender' book that I'd bought.  FOR MYSELF. with my OWN CREDIT CARD....but which Sonshine had craftily intercepted from the postie.  And passed off as his own present.

He is his father's son.

PS - have also collected the gorgeous Artisan Kitchenaid mixer in fire-engine red from Frasers in Glasgow today too. So that goes a little towards assuaging my Nigel Slater book-napping moment.

Hope you're all having a lovely day :-)

8 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you dear Ali!

    Can't wait to see what you make with your new mixer. I do love a bit of Nigel Slater. Very funny that he tried to pass it off as his own present xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. three children, one card. Plus a bunch of cemetery-aroma chrysanths from the OH. After 25+ years you think he'd know that I can't abide chrysanths.

    Tears have been shed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least the wee darling remembered and gave you a card. I hope at least Tartarus gave you breakfast in bed.

    Without leaving the kitchen looking like the reactors in Japan.

    Happy mother's' day.
    It's not mother's's day until May down here in the balmy south pacific, so I'll remind you then and you can have another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a box of chocs and a nice home-made card, which made me grind my teeth and suppress shrieks of exasperation at little messages like "Your the best" Argh! Argh! Argh!
    Regarding the apostrophe, I think both are valid in the appropriate context :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. but it is the thought that counts....and usually there isn't much of that but this year my boy excelled himself....he'd actually had a job last week....I got big breakfast in bed plus not one but 2 Ottolenghi cakes...huge bunch of tulips-from-the-gorgeous-flower-shop plus a classic Cary Grant boxset plus....some cash tucked into the card for 'a treat for your holiday'!!!!How luck was I!!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ali I have kitchen aid envy.Can't wait to hear what you make.I'm ploughing my way through copious amounts of Mothers Day chocs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For Christmas, I gave Mr TNMA a pair of walking boots that were supposed to be for our trip to Norway but arrived too late - though I did actually pay for them! The Kitchenaid sounds fantastic - you can make your own cupcakes now.

    PS What a shame about the Parisian Chic book - let me know if you have trouble getting hold of one. I can get one in London and post it to you if you want (? Yhough Sonshine may intercept that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops don't know what happened to the other half of the bracket - another spot of punctuation-related apoplexy!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to comment, but I get a phenomenal amount of spam comments on here for some reason - so everything is moderated. But only for spam. Any other comment will be posted :-D

Explore the ruined citadel of m'blog: