8 Feb 2016

Style - I've got it. Sort of.

Before you jump to conclusions, I haven't had a personality transplant and started swanning round the rain-lashed streets in spindle-heeled pink chiffon Louboutins.  No, I am, in fact, in possession of The Sunday Times Style section:

Allow me to share the adverts that caught my eye this week:



I am strangely taken by the Balenciaga advert of two young sleepers, dozing in their underwear after a hard night of modelling.  I fondly hope that the one who has been subject to a frenzied biro pen attack has not got any on the 'spensive sofa.  But then, if your dad is Lenny Kravitz, I'm sure that you don't care.

Onwards to Versace:




Here we see the value of that old Billy Connelly adage: 'There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes' as two impossibly swooshy-haired models stand on a snowy slope in tiny black leather outfits, bare legs and high heels.  I would not say no to that handbag though.

Then to Moschino:


This is Linda Evangelista. Modelling toilet/glass cleaner.

Jimmy Choo, famous for SHOES, has a model who looks like she's snogging a hand-grenade instead of a perfume bottle.  I cannot find an image of this advert on line, so am not scanning it in in case there is a reason why it's not on the internets.  But come ON, I want to see SHOES in my Jimmy Choo advert.

Oh wait, there ARE shoes, and LEGS but wrapped around Kit Harrington in the gents' fragrance campaign.  Which was in last week's Style.  Let me share it with you:


It's not even called a gents' fragrance, but MAN. Hence the legs, the leather and the bearded hottie, I suppose.  He does scrub up well, doesn't he?

So concludes my roundup of the ads :)

6 comments:

  1. Moschino toilet cleaner - now there's posh! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have the loveliest smelling lavvy this side of the Moschino office dunny :)

      Delete
  2. Love the Billy Connelly quote! As for the Moschino, that's just weird ;)
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billy should be more quoted than the Bible. It would give people more laughs :)

      Delete
  3. I didn't realize Linda Evangelista was still modeling. Good for her!
    BTW, I'm glad you posted again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she looking FANTASTIC - despite the bleach bottle?!

      Delete

I'd love you to comment, but I get a phenomenal amount of spam comments on here for some reason - so everything is moderated. But only for spam. Any other comment will be posted :-D

Explore the ruined citadel of m'blog: