26 Aug 2010

Hestia and the road less travelled....

Yesterday I went for an inadvertent jog.  You wouldn't think that such a thing could exist, but it does - especially when you've forgotten to pack your son's lunch into his backpack.

I hurried up the hill to school and handed over the offending articles to a very surprised Sonshine.

The sun beat warm on my face and I when I realised that I'd put on my jogging bra (the one with more wiring that the Clifton Suspension Bridge) AND my running shoes, why, I took it as a SIGN that I should be MOVING and I headed off at a goodly trot towards Loch Fad.

It took me just under an hour to get down to the Loch and then back up home through the park - mainly because I kept stopping to admire the view and eat berries.  OK - I was totally puffed out, I admit it. But, it was so stunningly beautiful, I knew that I'd have to share it with you.

And so, dear reader, I went back again, this morning with m'camera - and only one lens.  Which was a mistake. I should have put in my wide-angle lens, but let's just assume that I've only got the one lens - and this is it.

As I walked, fragments of this poem came to mind, so I've mashed it up with my pics.  Hope you like it. Created with Animoto web-based software, if you use this link below and end up taking out a subscription with them, I earn $5 towards my next subscription :-)

Animoto - The End of Slideshows




 The Road Not Taken - by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

8 comments:

  1. This is fabulous I love this time of year xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this Ali. A beautiful poem and a reminder to enjoy our surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...all those fruits and berries and wild flowers. There is always something in our surroundings to appreciate wherever we are - we just need to take the time to look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ali, it's beautiful where you are and I love the poem. Good for you jogging! I've been once.. ever xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. SB - gotta ask you, where did you get that fab picture of the famewhore squirrel on your blog? It's so funny!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ali,
    I don't remember, it was over a year ago. The pic was all over the Web at one point.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to comment, but I get a phenomenal amount of spam comments on here for some reason - so everything is moderated. But only for spam. Any other comment will be posted :-D

Explore the ruined citadel of m'blog: