24 Aug 2010

Hestia....Getting to Know Me!

I logged on this morning to discover that I'd been tagged by the lovely Ruth (Wildernesschic) over at Life The Universe and All That's In It AND Santa over at Being Joan!  Thank God they're both asking the same questions or I'd be wired to this thing 24:7!

1. At what time of your life were you happiest and why?  
I think that I was probably happiest at University.  Why? Because I had no real worries (only boys and where my next meal was coming from!) and my whole life lay before me like some undiscovered continent.  EVERYTHING was possible and it was very exciting.  Those were the days when I could just waltz into a shop and pick a size and not need to worry about how big my bits were going to look!



2. Where and when did you meet the love of your life?
Oh - I couldn't possibly divulge that!!! Would you settle for where and when did I meet Tertarus instead?!?  Secondary school.  He was a bit dangerous - had a motorbike and smoked the odd spliff.  But I knew that he was a nice guy who also went shopping for little old ladies.  A winning combo, so I scooped him up one night when he was a bit the worse for wear ..... and he has been mine pretty much ever since ;-)

3. Favourite item of clothing ever or most treasured possession?
Not really got a favourite item of clothing, but my most 'treasured possession' is my collection of letters, correspondences between Tertarus and myself that date back to the early 80s.  
 
I'm not including Sonshine or the hamster - that's a given that they are treasured beyond even diamond earrings lol!

4. Must have makeup or beauty item?
It has to be my eyebrow powder.  I could go out without any make up on at all, but would be utterly naked without my eyebrows filled in a bit.  Ah - sparse eyebrows are one of the signs of aging that they don't tell you about :-)

5. What do you think is your worst vice or fault .. honestly?  
I have so many!  I think the most debilitating one is that I set the bar too high for people.  I expect people to do their best all the time. Which is so silly!!! In my defence, I am as critical to myself as I am on others. This results in quite a lot of quite unnecessary disappointment for me and miles of self-critical inner monologuing.  Wonder what my friends would say was my worst vice?!

6. Would you tell your friend, if you knew her husband/wife was cheating on her/him?
It would depend a lot on several variables  1) how certain I was of the facts 2) the state of my friend's  relationship with said spouse and 3) whether I felt that any interfering on my part would be worth the inevitable fall out that would incur down the line....somewhere, for her/him/me.


7. What ambitions, wishes or desires, for your life, do you still hold close to your heart?
I'd really love to write a novel - nothing too heavy! I keep starting it and then abandoning it because I think I'm shit.  See 5 above lol!

8. Where do you see yourself in five years from now?   You know how above I said the rest of my life stretched before me like an exciting, uncharted continent?  Well, now a goodly part of it has been charted, and some of those damned rivers you can't paddle back down...so in 5 years time, I guess I'll still be here, worrying about being a good parent, trying to keep on top of the garden, fretting about my weight and having good times with my  family and friends - God willing!

And now I need to tag some other blogs for this!


I'm just going to ask you all the same questions as were asked of me - in case you get double tagged lol!

Ali x

8 comments:

  1. Whoops! Sorry about that, I tried not to tag those Ruth had already tagged but clearly I missed you. Lovely answers though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa - pls don't worry! It was really lovely to be tagged twice :-D

    Ali xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ali - thanks for tagging me again, I'll try my best to answer the questions this time!

    Best,
    TNMA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your answers I also tagged "Being Joan" LOL .. I must read hers too, I have been so busy all morning I have not had the chance to tell everyone that they were tagged xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tagging? Sounds like some sort of unsavoury pastime (or do I mean dogging?). Round these parts its what they do to sheep or hoodlums so they can recognize them if they're stolen or stealing respectively. Anyway since its my first time (shy smile)you'll have to tell me what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should write a novel Ali. You are one of the best writers. I never seem to have much time, what with a 6 year old, a wife and 3 chickens, but I always make time to read your blogs. go for it, I'll buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Legend - bless your cotton socks - if I ever manage to write anything longer than a blog I'll let you know :-) Good to know that I'd be guaranteed one sale (other than direct family lol!)

    John - what to do is answer these questions, on your blog:

    1 At what time of your life were you happiest and why?

    2 Where and when did you meet the love of your life?

    3 Favourite item of clothing or most treasured possession?

    4 Must have medicine cabinet item (ok - was originally must-have makeup or beauty item, but changed it just for YOU!)

    5 What do you think is your worst vice or fault - honestly?

    6 Would you tell your friend if you knew that her husband/wife was cheating on her/him?

    7 What ambitions, wishes or desires, for your life, do you still hold close to your heart?

    8 Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?

    And then send the questions on some other blogs that you'd like to know more about. If you can be fagged. If you can't, don't worry, it's just a bit of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So that's what it means!
    Well I'm still not old enough to have made my mind up about these questions, excapte No.8. I've been measured and the plot has been chosen.
    As Bob Monkhousse said, thank goodness I can still enjoy sex at 78, and since I only live at No 72 its so convenient.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to comment, but I get a phenomenal amount of spam comments on here for some reason - so everything is moderated. But only for spam. Any other comment will be posted :-D

Explore the ruined citadel of m'blog: