21 Feb 2012

Hestia....tells a yellow tale

Spot the sparrow
So, I am just off the phone to Juno, my mother.  And she told me this tale which I am sharing with you: may it brighten your day.

Juno's friend, let's call her Artemis, was whisked away on holiday to the Canary Islands by her husband after getting her eyes lasered.  She was feeling a bit tender and sorry for herself, but was soon thrilled by the brilliance of the local bird life, and she took to sitting on her balcony watching their brightly coloured flashes whizzing past.



One morning she was particularly taken by a little yellow bird that darted back and forward a couple of times as she sat reading.

There it was again!

She called to her husband, 'Come and see this - I think it's a proper canary, IN THE CANARY ISLANDS'

Eventually her hubby struggled out from the shower with his towel around him and Artemis exclaimed her excitement at seeing a WILD canary in the Canary islands...

'Look, there it is again!' she squeaked as it zoomed past.

Her husband walked to the edge of the balcony clutching his towel and surveyed the hotel grounds beneath their accomodation.

'For God's sakes Artemis, get your specs back on. That's a yellow TENNIS BALL you're looking at!'

Made me laugh! :-)

20 comments:

  1. That's hilarious.
    I rember my Mom exclaiming that the field we had just passed in the car was full of large mushrooms and that we should stop and pick them. My dad, without blinking, calmly explained that they were in fact sheep, and that sheep rustling was still punishable by death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wally - that's brilliant!!!! But you folks from the North East - sheep rustling's in your BLOOD!!!!!

      *hides Highland cattle*

      Ali x

      Delete
  2. Brilliant, I'm laughing so hard!! Nearly choked on my pancake :)

    Hope you're well Ali :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pancakes? *rattles cutlery* luff me a pancake!!!!

      Delete
  3. OMG Im hysterical,as I was reading this I was wondering what on earth the yellow item might be:)
    Wally-Brilliant also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I struggle to get on to your blog at the moment - mac just locks up! However, made it there the other day!!! Sooooree for the absence :-)

      Ali x

      Delete
  4. Hahahahaha! that's brilliant! I'm off to tell Jon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That has made our morning, set us off to work with a smile, great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sweeps wide bow* when you coming round for coffee *whispers* and cake!

      AX

      Delete
  6. Excellent. I was feeling a bit down, but this wee tale just brightened everything right up.

    Thanks dear Ali for sharing this with us.

    Has she been back to the eye surgeon demanding her money back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think her husband might be looking for a refund lol! Bought your wife that kitchenaid yet?!

      Ali x

      Delete
  7. Love it! Funny..had the weirdest sparrow experience the other day.. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now you need to tell me what the sparrow experience was!

      Ali x

      Delete
  8. That's the sort of thing I'd say... Great story! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuff like this is always happening to this friend :-D Been Charity Shopping today - got two tops. You'd be proud!


      Ali x

      Delete
  9. Hahahaha.

    I'm a bit sad he told her. He could just have humoured her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed out all the expletives that he used - as I'm still trying to cut down on the profanity :-) The swearing was VERY amusing as my mother rarely swears and tends to put the full 'ing' on the end lol!

      Ali x

      Delete
  10. hilarious.........many, many years ago I once starred out the window of an aeroplane at a strange series of circles in the sea utterly convinced I had discoverd some strange weired extraordinary thing....just about to alert the airhostess I realised I was starring at the rivets on the wing....all I will say is I was on my way back from Amsterdam....x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amsterdam *raises eyebrows Explains EVERYTHING!!!!!

      Yer brain chemistry was messed with :-D

      Ali x

      Delete

I'd love you to comment, but I get a phenomenal amount of spam comments on here for some reason - so everything is moderated. But only for spam. Any other comment will be posted :-D

Explore the ruined citadel of m'blog: